The Awarua Trust provides scholarships to students studying at tertiary level in New Zealand. To be eligible for a scholarship your study must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Agricultural advancement by supporting education - If you are completing tertiary study relating to agriculture, animal health or food production you may be eligible for a scholarship.
- Relief of poverty in the Pacific Islands - If you are of Pacific Island (particularly Solomon Island) descent and you are completing study in New Zealand with the sole purpose of returning to the Pacific Islands once your studies have been completed you may be eligible for a scholarship.
- Christian teaching and activities - If you are completing study that relates to Christianity you may be eligible for a scholarship
- Morrinsville community - If your study relates to Morrinsville history and the preservation of historical sites, information or artefacts you may be eligible for a scholarship
- Applications from the Waikato/Thames Valley area will be considered first and foremost by the Trustees in awarding Scholarships.
- Scholarships are granted at the discretion of the Trustees and acceptance is not guaranteed based on the information on our website.
How Scholarships are Paid
The amount granted to a successful applicant is determined by the Trustees when considering the application. Generally the scholarship is not sufficient to cover a student's entire course fees.
Scholarship payments are made twice per year, at the end of each semester. For successful applicants, you will receive your first payment shortly after you receive notification that your application has been accepted. At the end of the semester you will be required to e-mail your results to email@example.com. The Trustees will then consider whether your results are sufficient to receive a further payment under your scholarship. This process continues until your studies are completed or your scholarship is discontinued. Your scholarship will be discontinued if your results are insufficient to continue with the scholarship.
The Trustees meet once every eight weeks. When you submit an application (or your results for a semester) you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the same and advising the date of the next Trustee meeting. The outcome of your application will be advised to you as soon as possible after the meeting.
Completing the Application Form - Online
You can complete the application form online. You can save the form as you go and come back to it at a later date by using this link here. You will be required to enter your name and e-mail address. You will then be e-mailed a link to the form. If you wish to leave the form and come back to it later, simply exit your internet browser. When you are ready to return to the form, simply follow the link in your e-mail again and your changes will be saved in there from your previous session.
You can complete the form and submit it online here. If you follow this link, you will not be able to save the form as you go.
Completing the Application Form - By post or e-mail
Alternatively, you can download the PDF document (below), complete the application form by hand and post the completed form to P O Box 338, Morrinsville 3340 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries in relation to completing the application form, please e-mail email@example.com.