Scholarship applications will be considered at each meeting. The application must be received one week prior to the meeting or it will be retained by us and considered at the next meeting.
Please check you meet the criteria before submitting your application.
If you have any queries in relation to completing the application form please e-mail the Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your completed application form to email@example.com or post to us at P O Box 388, Morrinsville 3340.
Once we receive your application, we will send you an e-mail confirming the meeting date which your application will be considered. We will then advise you the outcome of the Trustees decision as soon as possible after the meeting.
Scholarships are given each semester (rather than one lump sum for your entire studies). If you are already receiving a scholarship from the Awarua Trust and you wish to be considered for a further payment each semester, you can provide your results to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a further payment (i.e. a new application form does not need to be completed at the end of each semester).
The Trustees usually meet bi-monthly and decisions will be advised to applicants as soon as possible after each meeting.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
The Trust focuses on providing funding in the following areas:-
- Advancement of education by advancing and supporting education in all aspects of, and research into, sustainable and efficient farming and agricultural practices;
- Advancement of education and to relieve poverty by supporting the social and economic development, and education in New Zealand, of persons of Pacific Island (and in particular, Solomon Island) descent;
- Advancement of religion by advancing and promoting Christian teaching and activities in New Zealand; and
- Advancement of cultural and educational purposes in the Morrinsville Community and in particular, the study of its history and preservation of historical sites, information and artefacts and the encouragement of Morrinsville artists and performers.
To be eligible, your chosen study must relate to one of the four categories below:-
- Agricultural advancement by supporting education - If you are completing tertiary study relating to agriculture, animal health or food production you may be eligible for a scholarship
- Pacific Islands education to relieve poverty - If you are of Pacific Island descent (particularly Solomon Island) and are completing study in New Zealand with the sole purpose of returning to the Pacific Islands once your studies have been completed, you may be eligible for this a scholarship
- Christian teaching and activities - If you are completing study that relates to Christianity, you may be eligible for this scholarship
- Morrinsville community for cultural and educational purposes - If your study relates to Morrinsville history and the preservation of historical sites, information and artefacts or you are a Morrinsville artist or performer, you may be eligible for this scholarship
Please note, scholarships are granted at the Trustees' discretion and acceptance is not guaranteed based on the information noted here.
If, after reading the above information, you believe your chosen study meets the criteria noted, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship using the link provided above.