The Awarua Trust provides grants to various community groups and organisations completing projects, mainly in the Morrinsville community or the Pacific Islands. To be eligible for a grant, your project must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Relief of poverty in the Pacific Islands - If you or your organisation is completing a practical project in the Pacific Islands (particularly the Solomon Islands), you or your organisation may be eligible for a grant. Some of the projects which the Trust has supported in the past are:-
- A trip to Fiji for a volunteer teacher;
- A volunteer midwifery trip in Solomon Islands, which included supplying midwifery equipment for the local medical centre; and
- A volunteer trip to Fiji which included completing the building and painting of a vocational training centre and the supply of building tools.
- Christian Activities - If you are a Christian organisation (preferably within the Morrinsville area) completing a specific project, your organisation may be eligible for a grant. Some of the projects which the Trust has supported in the past are:-
- A new organ for a local church;
- New seating for a local church; and
- A new playground for the local Christian kindergarten.
- Morrinsville Community - If you are an individual or organisation within the Morrinsville community and you are completing a specific project which benefits members of the community ,you or your organisation may be eligible for a grant. Some of the projects which the Trust has supported in the past are:-
- Sporting uniforms for various schools and sport groups;
- A new shed for the local volunteer fire brigade; and
- Information technology equipment for a local school.
How grants are paid
The amount granted to a successful applicant is determined by the Trustees when considering the application. There are several factors which the Trustees will take into consideration when deciding the amount to be granted. Generally the amount granted will not be sufficient to cover the entire cost of your project. The grant will be paid to your nominated bank account shortly after you are advised that your application has been successful. Once you have completed your project, you will be required to provides copies of all invoices relating to the project and bank statements (evidencing payment of the invoices) to the Trustees for their records. You may also be required to present at a trustee meeting on your project or provide the Trustees with a written reference.
Alternatively, the Trustees may make a pledge to your or your organisation. This means that the Trust will grant the funds to you or your organisation, only when the balance of the funds required has been raised by you our your organisation. If the Trustees choose to make a pledge, you will be required to raise the balance of the funds within a specified time frame which will be decided by the Trustees.
The Trustees meet once every eight weeks. When you submit an application you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the same and advising the date of the next Trustee meeting. The outcome of your application will be advised to you as soon as possible after the meeting.
Completing the Application Form - Online
You can complete the application form online. You can save the form as you go and come back to it at a later date by using the link here. You will be required to enter your name and e-mail address. You will then be e-mailed a link to the form. If you wish to leave the form and come back to it later, simply exit your internet browser. When you are ready to return to the form, simply follow the link in your e-mail again and your changes will be saved in there from your previous session.
You can complete the form and submit it online here. If you follow this link, you will not be able to save the form as you go.
Completing the Application Form - By post or e-mail
Alternatively, you can download the PDF document (below), complete the application form by hand and post the completed form to P O Box 388, Morrinsville 3340 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries in relation to completing the application form, please e-mail email@example.com.